Monday, August 10, 2009

Introduction

Wisdom is such a tricky thing. It is most easily accumulated by learning from mistakes. Wouldn't you rather learn from other people's mistakes, and subsequently avoid making them? Sure, but you'd have to believe the other people, and trust that they experienced enough and accurately evaluated their experiences. If it were so easy to learn from others' experiences, no one would smoke and all children would apply themselves in school. The elderly like to reminisce to another era in which youth respected the wisdom of the elders, but I don't think that has been part of American culture for a long time.

Despite the difficulty of trying to impart wisdom, I will attempt to use this blog to let readers benefit from my many years of diligently evaluated experiences. Some of what I write will be the result of my mistakes. Some will be based on the mistakes of others. Some will not have anything to do with mistakes. I hope you find this useful. If you've got a problem with any of it, just remember that I'll have none of your sass, whippersnappers.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment